Thursday, November 10, 2011

Puppy Pirana!!!

Sooo, I was concerned because the smallest boy, Cuba, did not seem to be as active nor was he gaining weight at the same pace as his sibs--so I decided to run to the store and get G'ma Penni's recipe for baby puppies--ground turkey, goat's milk, and a dash of olive oil.  I came home and mixed up a batch--warming the milk in the microwave which in turn warmed the turkey--the oil is to keep the puppies from becoming constipated.  I really only intended to supplement Cuba--who took to this mixture like a duck takes to water!  HOWEVER, first Cameroon smelled something YUMMY in the box and came charging over to sample this nectar of the gods and then the whale--oops, I mean, Ms. Chile jerked up out of a sound sleep with her nose in the air and went, "Ye, Gods!  I smell me some MEAT!"  and came charging over to sample bits which had fallen onto the blanket--YUMMM!  they said, and the feeding frenzy was ON!!!!  A few more meals like that and I probably can stop worrying about Mr. Cuba!  All the puppies have collapsed now into a turkey stupor!

2 comments:

  1. What lucky puppies! I am sure they were in their glory.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I start feeding the turkey/goat milk/olive oil mixture as soon as the babies have eyes. I've not yet had a puppy that thought it was not the BEST thing ever. It takes a huge load off the mom and makes it easier to dry her up and get her back in ring condition. We do need photos of the feeding frenzy.

    ReplyDelete