Wednesday, October 26, 2011

It's a good news/bad news kinda day!

We have PUPPIES!  We had to have them by C-section at 0'dark thirty, but most of them survived.  Treasure has five beautiful puppies to take care of and for us to play with!  At the moment, it appears to be two red boys, two red girls and a brindle girl.  We lost the first girl (a brindle) who was born at 10:33 Tuesday night, but the others look great and are doing well.  Treasure is in pain but is being wonderful with the babies.   I will post more later, but I'm kinda whipped being up all night last night and most of the night before, so I'm going to make a bed on the floor in case any of the babies or Treasure need me!  I'm telling you, breeding is not for the faint at heart!

3 comments:

  1. I am sorry you and Treasure lost one of the pups. Congratulations on the surviving puppies. I hope you get some sleep, Treasure feels better asap, and the puppies thrive!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cardigans are simply more difficult to breed and whelp than are most of the non-dwarf breeds. You do need a brave heart to embark on this journey. I'm hoping the five stay healthy and grow up to be bright, happy, sound working dogs (with enough pretties to hang out in the conformation ring as well).

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are so right breeding is not for the faint of heart but it is worth the work ! Congratulations on your new babies.

    ReplyDelete